COVID Mitigation Procedures FOR THE EVENT
We are looking forward to your participation at the “Shaping Our Story” Conference. The health and safety of our participants, leaders, and exhibitors are critical as we consider the spread of the Delta variant in our communities. The Conference Planning Team is working closely with the staff at Montreat Conference Center to put together COVID mitigation procedures to keep us as safe as possible when we meet in person in November. Below are the procedures that are currently in place for the event: Please note that these policies are subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (within 72 hours of the conference) is required of all participants, leaders, and exhibitors in order to be a part of the event.
- Wearing masks indoors is required for everyone age 3 and older, when not eating or sleeping (even for fully-vaccinated people).
- Single-occupancy lodging is available at a variety of accommodation levels. Only fully-vaccinated attendees are to allowed to stay in a double-occupancy room (this does not apply to those who are part of the same family or bubble).
- Special areas in the dining room, plenary space, and workshop rooms are available for those who would prefer distanced seating.
- Room capacities will be observed in accordance with protocols established by the CDC and the State of North Carolina.
- Our meeting and lodging accommodations are closed to the public and only the Montreat staff and people registered for the conference will be allowed to enter.
- Health care facilities are located nearby in the town of Black Mountain (3 miles away) and the city of Asheville (18 miles away). If an attendee should exhibit symptoms associated with COVID 19, transportation will be provided to get that individual tested. There are also special lodging accommodations at Montreat for this attendee while we wait for the test results. Off-site lodging is available if an attendee tests positive and needs a place to recuperate.
- The Montreat staff will clean all dining and meeting facilities daily. Daily housekeeping services for the lodging rooms will not be provided. Attendees will have the ability to replace room amenities (like towels) during their stay.
The Conference Planning Team and the Montreat staff will continue to monitor the COVID situation and will notify all attendees should any additional steps need to be taken. If you have any questions, please contact Joel Winchip.
This event is like no other. The participants at the “Shaping Our Story” Conference have experience with helping others follow COVID safety protocols at their camp or at their church. We look forward to partnering with you on these procedures so we can gather more safely in November. See you then.
The Planning Team for the conference is seeking workshop presenters. Our workshop sessions are scheduled throughout the week and are approximately 75 minutes in length. As a community of servant leaders, we do not compensate workshop leaders. If you are not planning on attending the conference as a participant, we are willing to provide you meals and the program participant fee during the day of your session.
CALL FOR SPONSORS
Perhaps you know a company or organization that would like to be represented at the “Shaping Our Story” Conference. Our exhibit hall is sold out, but we still have sponsorship opportunities available. This allows companies and organizations to participate in the conference without even traveling to North Carolina. We hope you will consider the possibilities by clicking the link below.